A Painful Goodbye to Summer
As we near the end of August, a tear falls from my eye as I think about the beach days dwindling down, hurricanes with ridiculous names (like, Eartha) brewing along the coasts, the leaves drying up, eventually falling to the ground, and the thermometer dropping to cruel and unfair temperatures.
I bid farewell to my fantasy baseball season and the atrocity of my fantasy team. Thank you for under performing all season long and causing me restless days and sleepless nights. I promise to draft less "all-star caliber players" next season. And lastly, goodbye to my baby, a.k.a. my book, Can I Be Ernest? which was officially introduced to the world on 8/28. My little pride & joy is off on his own, entering the homes of complete strangers where he must adapt to other human beings. I coddled him for as long as I could, but as with most parents, you tend to get sick of your child living with you after a while. Time to move out, bud...
Autumn will be here in due time, but for now, I am hoping to get one last beach day - as we prepare for football, the smell of fire wood and hoodie weather. Adios!
Kicking These People & Trends to the Curb
I've given the following post some intense thought, because after all, my brain only tends to rest when I'm asleep (and if you've been paying attention thus far, that isn't much). I've constructed a list of 5 things that need to vanish QUICKLY. Not only for the remaining months of 2018, but beyond! This list includes: people, trends, or anything else which drives me up the wall! Get ready to agree, disagree, ball your fist in anger, or above all, laugh!
(5) Kim Kardashian - Hate to see you go... LOVE to see you leave *wink* But enough is enough. She has the fame, resources, riches, children, she's even stepped foot in the White House! What else is there left to accomplish?
(4) Beyonce - I was on the verge of graduating high school when Destiny's Child debuted - now, I'm old with a few grays and she's still dominating the charts?!
(3) Fauxhawk/Mohawk - If I catch another dude walking around with this dated hairstyle. Even the f*ckin' mullet had an expiration date!
(2) Reality Television - Curse the Writers Guild of America strike of 2007, which was the official downfall of American television. Viewers saw less original content and an influx of non-actors who not only received 15-minutes of fame, but lucrative book deals, TV spin-offs, and above all... celebrity status. Oh, and lest we forget, Flavor Flav, who had the opportunity to mingle with beautiful women who were simply looking for a pay day. As Don King would say, "Only in America!" *facepalm*
(1) The 2000s (including the 2010s) - Okay, so yes, it brought us YouTube, social media, smart phones, the Kardashians, "mumble rap" (I'll never forgive the 2000s for this!), a black man in the White House, and a gang of highs & lows, but what it DIDN'T bring? TIME MACHINES and FLYING CARS! Two items, of which I was promised as a child (by teachers), would be invented by the year 2000. Lies!