5 Film Favorites for the Holidays
I usually don't get caught up in holiday hype, scurrying through department stores, maxing out my credit card, standing on ridiculously long lines as if I'm anticipating an award for "Sucker (ahem! Shopper) of the Year." However, I do enjoy Christmas themed films and will watch the listed movies in the days leading up to the big day.
5) Bad Santa - Comical, with enough F-bombs to put any holiday grinch in a good mood.
4) Scrooged - Funny, mean-spirited, yet relatable; Bill Murray at his best!
3) A Christmas Story - An 80s classic; fun, enjoyable, filled with plenty of memorable moments.
2) Home Alone - Everything was right about this movie. I honestly can't believe it was filmed nearly 30 years ago!
1) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - I used to be a Chevy Chase nut. As a kid, nothing he did ever came off as corny to me (as an adult, I beg to differ). But slapstick humor is king! Christmas Vacation isn't my favorite Chevy Chase film (that goes to Funny Farm and Caddyshack), but I absolutely loved the flick. It was goofy, with enough laughs and holiday warmth to ultimately take the number one spot (what, were you expecting Miracle on 34th Street?!).